Monday, 1 July 2013

That's What I Like About June

The months just seem to be passing quickly and I am just getting older and my makeup stash is just getting bigger(Ooops)! To be honest I haven't been aware of what day it is or what year it is in the past few months thanks to my hectic University schedule, but I just realized that we're halfway through 2013. Whoa, this is going too fast!

Since I'm just getting back into blogging, I thought of showing you guys what I liked and adored this month and I have a bit of everything for you:

This month I wasn't big on foundations or coverage because I always ended up sweating it off, so I focused on ways to make my face look smooth and less uneven, and this is where Benefit the POREfessional comes in! As you can tell from the old packaging, I've had this thing for ages, but never  got around to using it. I found it buried underneath a pile of unused items so I decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised because not only did it let my makeup last a bit longer, it made my skin look really smooth and minimized my large pores.


What is summer without a glow? I have developed a new relationship with highlighters and luminizers after discovering the difference they make by using a bit and Benefit mini-Watt's Up! is now my new best friend. I got this mini from Sephora's birthday gift and although it's tiny, the packaging is still adorable. This works amazing as a subtle champagne glow and really brightens up my face without looking artificial.


Everyone has a holy grail eye-shadow palette and this is no different for my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I purchased this palette at the end of January and 5 months later, I'm still in love with it; I love mattes! This offers enough shades to make my eyes look good and for contouring parts of my face (will review later).


I usually dislike Kajal Liners just because I haven't had the best experience with them. However, the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe really converted me. I've been avoiding black/dark brown colours, so when I saw this taupe I jumped to buy it. I either use it in my water-line or upper lashline and this stuff stays put all day and makes my eyes pop.


Whenever I see LipSmackers, the inner tween in me comes out and I often drool on the flavours they have displayed out, but never actually buy them. My younger sisters bought the soda flavoured set and were kind enough to give me the LipSmackers in Coca Cola-Vanilla. It's as moisturizing as they used to be and the Coca Cola scent is the best part about it, because it just smells so good!


I have raved about the Revlon Balm Stains (here) and when I used up all three I went out to get Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm. This shade is one that I'd usually pass by, but decided to test. It is a very pale orange that I thought wouldn't transfer well, but actually ended up looking beautiful giving my lips a orangy-pink tint. 


One of summer's essentials is having bright nails and parading around your finest manicure. This essential is something I've found difficult to practice because I often stick to neutral and dark nails. To step out of my comfort zone, I picked up the Essie Nail Lacquer in a-list, which is a Hollywood red that makes me feel posh. I really love red, so it was an easy transition to use it on my nails and I really adore the way this colour goes well with my skin tone.


I hope you guys like this month's favourites and tell me below what are the things you guys enjoyed in June? Have a good day!
Layla

2 comments:

  1. Love them! Look forward to your Naked Palette review

    x
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lilly :) And I'll get on that right away!

    Layla

    ReplyDelete